5 Ways to Quench Thirsty Skin
Dehydrated skin lacks water. Water is essential to the human body as it makes up 50-70 percent of body weight. Water is necessary for body functions from regulating your internal temperature, lubriating joints and providing a healthy complexion.
A loss of elasticity can occur if the outermost layer of the skin does not contain enough water, leading to a dull, rough and hydrated complexion. This summer we want to keep your complexion looking plump, smooth and with a natural glow. A good indication of hydrated skin is when you pinch it, it settles back into place immediately.
Dry skin can occur in all skin types. Properly nourishing and hydrating skin goes beyond just a single step. With the right practices, you'll be able to prevent dryness and increase water retention.
5 Top ways to Hydrate Skin with products
1. Drink plenty of water. Your organs—including your skin—absorb moisture when you drink water. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day and avoiding excessive consumption of diuretics like coffee and alcohol can help with moisture retention.
2. Hydrate skin with lotion, ointments, or face creams. Look for lotions containing lipids, ceramides, glycerin, or hyaluronic acid to help reinforce the skin's protective barrier. If you have an oily skin type, consider using an oil-free moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated without contributing to the oiliness.
3. Try moisturizing serums. Squalane emollient serums, for example, help emulate the benefits of your skin's natural oils and provide natural antioxidants. People with especially dry skin can benefit from layering a serum with a moisturizer.
4. Exfoliate a couple of times a week at most. A face scrub will help remove dead skin cells and residue buildup that can clog the skin's pores. Likewise, a chemical exfoliator containing glycolic acid strips away dead cells, helping your skin absorb moisturizing topicals. Use a face scrub two to three times weekly at most. Use a chemical exfoliator, such as a face peel, no more than once a week. Keep in mind that over-exfoliating reduces your natural skin barrier, so avoid exfoliating if your skin feels dry or irritated.
5. Use gentle cleansers only. To avoid stripping your skin of essential oils, wash your face daily with a fragrance-free facial cleanser designed for sensitive skin.
At Etre Belle, our Hydro Dimension Hydro Pearls help to effectively regenerate the skin tissue. The micro-active pearls provide deep skin hydration and an extra supply of nutrients like aloe Vera.
Quench your skin’s thirst by starting a hydrating skin regiment. Your skin will be happy you did.
5 Natural ways to Hydrate Skin
1. Get 8 to 9 hours sleep.
2. Limit showers to 5 to 10 minutes, and use lukewarm water.
3. Limit coffee and alcohol.
4. Eat a varied diet that’s rich in essential fatty acids.
5. Try to reduce your stress levels.